RAWDON & GUISELEY CONSERVATIVE CLUB LTD
Members should read this privacy notice carefully because it contains important information about your rights in relation to information about you which we hold
Who we are
The Club collects uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. This means that we are responsible as “controller” of that personal information for the purposes of General Data Protection Regulation which applies to us accordingly.
The personal information we collect and use
In the course of running the Club, we collect and retain personal information when you provide it to us. This may include your name, address, email address and other contact details, bank account details, membership application form, subscription history amongst other documents relating to your membership of the Club and subscription payments.
How we use your personal information
We process information about you:
- to administer your membership of the Club and your use of its facilities and to enable you to take part in its activities
- to comply with legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations and good practice
- to ensure business policies are adhered to (such as policies covering security and internet use)
- for operational reasons, such as recording transactions, training and quality control
- for statistical analysis
- to prevent unauthorised access and modifications to systems
- to analyse purchasing preferences and improve services
- to communicate with you
The legal bases for this processing are that: it is necessary to enable us to provide membership benefits, to comply with our legal obligations or to achieve legitimate purposes of the Club.
Who we share your personal information with
We may disclose and exchange information with the Association of Conservative Clubs Ltd and law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies for the above reasons.
We will not share your personal information with anybody else.
Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so why
You must provide us with this information so that you can be a member of the Club.
How long your personal information will be kept.
We will keep the information during your membership of the Club and for six years after it ends.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights, free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your personal information
- access to your personal information and other information which this Privacy Notice aims to give you
- require us to correct any mistakes in your personal information which we hold
- require the erasure of your personal information in certain situations
- receive personal information which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of your personal information for direct marketing
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
For more information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please
- email, call or write to The Secretary;
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill) and
- let us know the information to which your request relates.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to complain
We hope that we will be able to resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information directly with you.
The General Data Protection Regulations also gives you right to lodge a complaint with the information Commissioner who may be contacted at https:/ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone (0303 123 1113)
This privacy notice was published on 1st July 2018
We may change this privacy notice from time to time. When we do we will inform you via posting a notice on our notice boards in the Club.
How to contact us
Please contact The Secretary if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you by sending an email to the Club, writing to the Committee or calling the Club’s telephone number.
I confirm that, by paying my annual subscription, I have read this privacy notice and understand and agree with what it says.